Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 53

Today, I am cheating. I played only a supporting role in today's random act. We coordinated with some friends to invade the home of some other friends for an autism-centric feast. All told, we had eight adults and ten kids, including four autistic kids. Besides two beautifully cooked turkeys, there was sweet potato casserole, green beans with toasted almonds, glazed carrots, garlic mashed potatoes, two kinds of stuffing, roasted veggies, regular gravy, noodle gravy, creamed corn casserole, salad, rolls, pumpkin pie, turtle pie... and I'm not overstating things when I say it was all delicious.

The kids' table was the actual dining table, while the adults sat on the floor eating and sharing kid stories, life stories, autism stories, and generally having a great time. After stuffing ourselves, the kids played in the well-secured back yard until well after dark. Good, good times.

I have to admit, I'm cheating in another sense too. There was another random act today. In fact, it was the Top Secret Project, finally come to fruition. However, I'm going to save the details on this one for my last post on Sunday. Due to the fact that I can't count, I'm already beyond the 42 days plus the extended days from my Day 8 promise, plus it's my blog and I can make up my own rules.

(Okay, really it's just because I don't have any pictures yet.)

--

No comments:

Post a Comment