Monday, October 1, 2012

42 Good Days

There are times when life wears you down. For me, this has been one of those times. I'm kind of sick of it, and I think I need to turn the tables on life.

Sometimes you need answers. Sometimes you don't even know the question. This might just be one of those times. Luckily, I have the answer even without the question. 

The answer, of course, is 42.

Today I turn 42 years old. 42 days after today is something called World Kindness Day.

So between now and then, I am going to engage in random acts of kindness. At least one per day, every day, for 42 days.

Grumpy? Too bad. Make it happen.
Tired? Tough. Do it anyway.
Sick? No excuses. Man up.

Feel better? Yeah I thought so. I'm so glad we had this little chat, Self.

Today, instead of telling me "Happy Birthday," do something random and kind.

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." - Aesop

--

1 comment:

  1. i love this... and it just so happened to be 42? cosmic!

    ReplyDelete