Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 22

Today could have been rough. I had some un-fun work stuff to deal with in the middle of the night, so I was very sleep deprived, and then I had some un-fun personal stuff to deal with during the day so I couldn't even go back to bed.

After all that was behind me, I had to run some errands. I just happened to have some a few one dollar bills and some change in my pocket. So I decided anyone I encountered who was looking for money was getting a little bit, until I ran out of ones & change. Homeless dude? Check. Animal welfare coin drop? Check. Homeless pets? Check. Tip jar at Five Guys? Check. Another homeless dude? Check.

I also decided everyone was going ahead of me through doors or in line. Crazy Cat Lady at Petsmart? Check. (Seriously, if you're buying 62 cans of Fancy Feast, I'm allowed to call you that.) Large Spanish-speaking family who couldn't figure out what they wanted in Spanish, much less in English? Check. New dad trying to figure out how to get a stroller through the door? Check.

It was like a 20 minute Perfect Storm of opportunities for the classic random acts of kindness on a small scale.

I also smiled when I saw the car behind me handing the homeless guy a care package, a la my Day 9 random act. Obviously it was a coincidence, but for five seconds I pretended it was somebody who's been reading this blog.

And after all that, I looked up, and the sky was blue, the leaves were turning, the air was crisp, and it was a beautiful day.

Still tired though.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment