Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3

You know, I'm only 3 days into this and I'm already seeing that the problem is not going to be ideas. The problem is going to be opportunities. I work from home a lot. We're a little on the broke side right now. Sometimes I just don't get out much.

And even when I do, there haven't been that many people to interact with. I mean, come on: the DMV. What a great place to do some small kindness. Let somebody go ahead of you. Compliment somebody. I go in the other day and there place is empty. Really, no lines at all. I got kindness block. Being nice to the DMV lady just wasn't enough to count here.

So today, charity began at home. While Lori was slumbering away, dreaming of trying to get some money from Tom Brady's agent to support their love child (Owen), I was up early folding laundry. And more laundry, and more laundry.*

*Except for the fitted sheets. For me, folding those is like folding a giant travel map** while driving on the interstate, and usually involves a similar amount of swearing, swerving, wreckage, and bloodshed.

** Paper maps, how quaint!

I tried to remove all traces of folded laundry, but I got caught anyway.

--

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little slow on the uptake - I just figured out that this is YOUR blog, not just something you linked to. This makes it even better! This was my 42-year as well, but I didn't have such a good idea as you did. Love it!

    ReplyDelete